Quercus Technologies: Artificial Intelligence takes control of the new SmartLPR – QAI Inside!
Artificial Intelligence takes control of the new SmartLPR: QAI Inside!
The best LPR ever created
Quercus Technologies, a forerunner in All-In-One license plate recognition cameras, is proud to announce the launch of its latest innovation, the new version of the SmartLPR system. This advanced license plate recognition system redefines industry standards, introducing novel key features that will mark a new era in vehicle recognition, while maintaining the essential characteristics for which Quercus was the first to market.
With the latest version, we’ve not only made significant improvements to the product, we’ve also changed the name of our cameras, from SmartLPR Access to SmartLPR. The change comes as a result of our decision to go back to the roots of Quercus, consolidating our identity and highlighting the constant evolution of our LPR technology. This new name also represents our determination to lead in the field of artificial intelligence applied to license plate recognition systems.
Quercus is consolidating its role as a forerunner by incorporating its internally-developed Artificial Intelligence technology into the core of its products: QAI Inside! The main innovation is based on the use of artificial intelligence algorithms to detect and recognize license plates (OCR).
With the latest evolution of our technology and integration of artificial intelligence, we’ve also made major improvements to the Free-flow operation mode. These optimizations are taking the camera’s reliability rate to new levels, truly enabling ticketless and barrierless systems to work perfectly. In fact, we now quantify faults in terms of incorrect license numbers per thousand read, instead of one hundred, as had been the practice until now. The combination of advanced license plate recognition capacity and the power of our artificial intelligence has boosted the accuracy and reliability of our system, contributing to more efficient all-around parking management.
Our system now has the capacity to simultaneously read plates from an unlimited number of countries, doing away with the need to previously specify which ones it should be able to read. This advancement is a landmark, as it makes the system more flexible, and expedites its configuration.
The main goal has always been the same, simplify the experience for operators and enhance that of users. At the heart of this mission is a solid foundation of internal research and development. Our highly specialized team doesn’t just follow technological evolution: they drive it. Constant research, exploration of new frontiers, and the improvement of existing solutions are essential ingredients that define our commitment to ongoing development.
IMAGE QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
Another major advancement is the taking of better-quality images, with higher levels of definition and sharpness. Compared to prior versions, images are now seen with exceptional clarity and a more attractive overall look for operators’ visual perception. Enhanced quality and brightness play a crucial role in creating more vivid, user-friendly images.
Throughout the years, we have been pioneers when it comes to launching different solutions that set the pace for the industry, a sign of our undying dedication to innovating. Quercus First (QF) reflects our ongoing commitment to leading with a visionary, even revolutionary, approach.
- Worldwide Use: With recognition in over 200 countries, this advanced license plate recognition camera redefines geographic limits. With the same model, the Smart LPR enables successful implementation in a wide range of settings and conditions, ensuring efficient, accurate responses at the international level.
- Wide Angle Recognition: Optimal license plate recognition at hard-to-read angles.
- Dual Lamp – Color and IR reading inside the unit. The camera ensures exceptional performance even in dim conditions, for any type of license plate (reflective and non-reflective, in color or black and white).
- Motorized Lens: The motorized lens provides exceptional agility and unbeatable accuracy, ensuring optimal image capture in diverse conditions.
- HRR: The SmartLPR cameras can integrate two license plate recognition units per lane, for double license plate reading. This system, based on an artificial vision algorithm, is called HRR, (High Reliability Recognition). It is a parking system that combines all the characters and digits of the front as well as the rear license plates, enabling complete recognition of the license plate number.
- IP67: The IP67 Certification guarantees optimal performance, even in challenging weather conditions, or in cases of high levels of dust generated inside the parking facility itself. This ensures the integrity of the system and fault-free operation.
With the SmartLPR License Plate Reader, Quercus Technologies reasserts its position as a leader at the cutting edge of technology, getting the most from the power of AI to offer new license plate recognition solutions. The new era in parking technology marks another example of Quercus’ ongoing responsibility toward constant improvement and meeting the changing needs of its customers around the world.