City of Grand Rapids Retains AMG Payment Solutions for Credit Card Processing
The City of Grand Rapids, MI (GR) recently selected AMG Payment Solutions (AMG) as one of their new credit card processing vendors.
AMG will provide their niche processing services across the City’s entire parking ecosystem, applying their credit card processing solution for transactions at all parking meters, parking pay stations, parking ramps and lots, monthly parking permits, and the city’s Motu mobile parking application. Cities like Grand Rapids utilize a merchant services account to work with their parking hardware, software, and mobile payment providers to enable customers to pay via credit / debit card. These accounts come with high “regulated” debit card transaction fees that can reduce the revenues from these small ticket parking transactions. The AMG niche solution can reduce these monthly fees by 20% to 50%.
AMG’s First Data / Fiserv platform utilizes preferred interchange pricing from both Visa and MasterCard. The City will utilize AMG’s industry leading processing platform for small ticket parking transactions. The AMG solution will help save the City of GR thousands of dollars each year. The savings retained by partnering with AMG will allow the City to utilize those funds for higher and better uses in their operation.
AMG’s value proposition is unique and unlike anything else in the merchant processing industry and the parking industry. In addition to the City of Grand Rapids, AMG provides similar services to hundreds of U.S. cities parking operations including Lexington, KY, Manhattan Beach CA, Hermosa Beach CA, Asbury Park NJ, Princeton NJ, Newark NJ, Bloomington IN, Athens GA and Tempe AZ.
About AMG Payment Solutions:
AMG is a boutique merchant processing firm with a significant focus on the United States parking industry. AMG utilizes the First Data North processing platform for their clients, and currently partners with hundreds of cities nationwide to reduce their credit card processing costs at parking meters, parking pay stations (kiosks) and mobile payment apps like ParkMobile, Passport or PayByPhone.
AMG specialize in processing the $1-$5 parking transactions cities incur each and every day. AMG offers preferred interchange rates with both Visa and MasterCard on the small ticket “regulated” debit card transactions, and these rates are only available with AMG.
AMG services municipalities, universities, healthcare facilities, and parking management companies to help process parking revenue and significantly reduce client costs. AMG clients save between 15%-50% compared to their previous merchant service provider.
AMG Payment Solutions Receives National Merchant Processing Services Contract through NCPA
As the U.S. recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, cities across the country are looking for ways to reduce operating expenses. AMG can provide immediate financial relief to cities with paid on- / off-street parking programs.
For NCPA, the AMG partnership can assist members for the following reasons:
- Processing a $1-$7 parking transaction is unlike processing any other transaction.
- The reason for this is the micro size or “small ticket” nature of the transaction.
- Cities have no choice but to utilize a merchant account to work with their parking hardware / software / pay-by-cell providers to enable customers to pay with plastic.
- There is no need to pay more for this simple commodity service.
- AMG’s First Data platform utilizes preferred interchange pricing from both Visa and MasterCard.
- For small ticket “regulated” debit card transactions, AMG clients pay interchange of 1.70% + $0.05 per transaction versus the published interchange rate of 0.05% + $0.22 per transaction.
- On a $3 parking transaction conducted with a “regulated” debit card, AMG clients pay $0.13 less in interchange than they would with any other provider.
- Parking customers are using a “regulated” debit card between 25%-65% of the time.
- AMG can reduce month end processing fees by 20% – 50%.
AMG’s value proposition is unique and unlike anything else in the merchant processing industry and the parking industry. AMG is proud to provide client references from over 150 U.S. Cities.
AMG Payment Solutions is a full-service credit card processing firm with over twenty-five years of expertise in the municipal parking, government, hospitality and e-commerce industries. We specialize in in-person, online and mobile solutions and have developed strategic partnerships with various third-party providers in the merchant processing, payment gateway and parking sectors to provide industry-leading products and services to a wide variety of clients.
AMG’s niche’ focus in parking provides a unique cost saving solution to:
- Smart parking meters
- Parking pay stations (kiosks)
- Gated garage PARCs systems
- Mobile parking payment platforms (ParkMobile, Passport, PaybyPhone)
AMG’s processing partners are First Data / Fiserv and Elavon, two of the strongest merchant processors in the United States.
- AMG services municipalities, universities, healthcare facilities, and parking management companies to help process parking revenue and significantly reduce client operating expenses
- AMG provides merchant accounts for all aspects of government – always at interchange plus pricing
NCPA is a leading national government purchasing cooperative working to reduce the cost of goods and services by leveraging the purchasing power of public agencies in all 50 states. NCPA utilizes state of the art procurement resources and solutions that result in cooperative purchasing contracts that ensure all public agencies are receiving products and services of the highest quality at the lowest prices.
There are over 90,000 agencies nationwide from both the public and nonprofit sectors that are eligible to utilize NCPA’s cooperative purchasing contracts. These include, but are not limited to the following agency types:
- School Districts (including K-12, Charter schools, and Private K-12)
- Higher Education (including Universities, Community Colleges, Private Colleges, and Technical / Vocational Schools)
- Cities, Counties, and any Local Government
- State Agencies
- Healthcare Organizations
- Nonprofit Corporations