PlacePod™ Smart Parking Sensor
PNI Sensor Corporation’s PlacePod is an IoT-enabled smart parking sensor for on-street and off-street municipal and private parking management.
PlacePod solves the most mission-critical aspects of parking management: accurate, real-time vehicle detection and location of available parking spaces.
PlacePod is an in-ground or surface-mounted smart parking sensor that communicates with a LoRa gateway or Sigfox base station to provide real-time parking data. It provides accurate vehicle detection in parking spaces, up to 10 years of battery life, and is stable over temperature fluctuations, even in harsh environments.
Unlike other magnetic sensor-based parking sensors, PlacePod accurately detects parking events in dense urban environments and filters out magnetic interference from underground trains, passing traffic, and overhead power lines which can trigger false parking events.
Features & Benefits
• Includes the industry’s most accurate magnetic sensing system for vehicle detection with the combination of PNI’s high-performance magnetic sensor and vehicle detection algorithms that accurately detect the presence or absence of a car in a parking space.
• Includes a built-in LoRa or Sigfox radio that communicates to a gateway or base station with complete Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) compatibility.
• Sensors and algorithms are finely tuned for ultra-low power consumption, providing continuous vehicle detection without missing a parking event.
• Simplified provisioning and management using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for wireless software updates via PNI’s mobile application.
• Complete solution includes PNI’s Parking Cloud Service – a comprehensive dashboard for managing and monitoring all parking resources and data, including installation and verification, diagnostics, monitoring, and reporting.
|Communication||Long-Range 915 MHz or 868 MHz LoRa Module
Uses Sub-GHz ISM bands in North America, Europe, and other regions
|Battery Life||Up to 10 years depending on configuration and distance from gateway|
|4.3 in (10.92 cm) diameter
-minimum hole 4.5 in (11.43 cm)
1.18 in (3.00 cm) height
-minimum hole 2.5 in (6.35cm)
|9.0 in (22.86 cm) diameter
1.18 in (3.00 cm) height
|Installation Position||Center of the parking space|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to +85°C
-40°F to +185°F
|Operating Temperature||-30°C to +70°C
-22°F to +158°F
With over 30 years of experience, PNI isthe world’s foremost expert in precision location, motion tracking, and fusion of sensor systems into real-world applications.
PNI’s sensors and algorithms serve as the cornerstone of successful IoT projects and other mission-critical applications where pinpoint location, accuracy, and low power consumption are essential. Building on decades of patented sensor and algorithm development, PNI offers the industry’s highest-performance geomagnetic sensor in its class, location and motion coprocessors, high-performance modules, sensor fusion algorithms, and complete sensor systems.
PNI’s technology is used in consumer electronics and wearables, smart parking, IoT, robotics, automotive, military, and other applications, by customers such as Nintendo,
STMicroelectronics, Samsung, iRobot, Sony, General Motors, and Ford.
To learn more, please visit
PNI SENSOR CORPORATION
2331 Circadian Way
Santa Rosa, CA 95407 USA